Thursday, June 24, 2010

Warming up in Strasbourg :-)

Oh, I forgot to mention that yesterday morning I finally gave in and bought an inexpensive "just in case" coat. It was an impulse buy at the train station. I knew that as soon as I bought it, I wouldn't need it, Murphy's Law, right? It was also my plan to fight Mother Nature. Sure enough, I haven't had to use it.

This morning, I also put my scarf away!

Now, off to explore some more on this beautiful sunny day...

First item on our list is to finalize our train to Munich, so we walked to the train station in order to ask some questions and possibly print our tickets. When we arrived, we were told it would be better if we return tomorrow, as "they" were on strike "today" and there were only a few people working.

O-k-a-y..... That's some strange way to strike, but, hey, it's France, right? The workers make a demand and if they don't get what they want, well, they strike for 24 hrs. Take that!!

Later in the afternoon, while Michael is trying to study and nap (not at the same time, of course), demonstrators were outside our street with megaphones, flares, flags, chanting and loud music.




I thought they were celebrating a World Cup win, but that's not for another few weeks. Hey, what do I know? Anyway, this was all over in 30 mins. (Michael never heard a thing!)

Now - back to beautiful scenery and quiet streets.




Meanwhile, on the eating front, we find a great place for lunch right by the stream.

Great service, excellent food and magnificent view!




















My turn! Cheers!

(Oh, you'll see a picture of the restaurant again tomorrow, but from the boat tour)








Walking around this adorable town is breathtaking in the late afternoon.





Bicycles everywhere! I wanna bike too...Waaaaa!

From this bridge, you can see a cafe/restaurant on the other side where I just took Michael's picture above.

And finally, a picture together. Thanks to Mr. Friendly Tourist!


~~~ * ~~~



No comments: